Goa is mostly famous and well-known for its marvelous beaches which remain the most prominent attractions for the foreign as well as domestic tourists. Aguada beach Goa is one among the most marvelous beaches here. However the beach is mostly visited by those who visit Aguada Fort.
The beach is very close to Fort Aguada which was built by the Portuguese with the aim to block the enemies from entering their state into the River Mandovi. The fort was also meant to protect Goa from the attacks of the enemy.
Now the situation has gone far away and Goa is no more protected by this fort but it has become one of the most prominent tourist attractions in Goa. A visit to Fort Aguada and Aguada beach now takes the visitors to the era of Portuguese regime.
Magnificent view of Aguada beach Goa, from the fort, really provides an absolutely soothing and delightful experience to the visitors who flock to the beach always.
Awaiting Attractions at Aguada Beach Goa
- Lighthouse Jail: It is one of the finest attractions inside the fort.
- Churches: There are a good number of churches in Aguada each of which is worth visiting. All these churches are built some centuries ago and now remain as fine tourist destinations as they all are examples of ancient architectural styles.
- Golden Beaches: The beaches run right up to the Maharashtra Borders. The view of this beach, from the ramparts of Aguada Fort, is really magnificent and so it attracts many thousands of tourists every day.
How to Reach
- Dabolin Airport, Vasco Da Gama, Goa – 42.9km
- Carambolim Railway Station, North Goa – 25.1 km
- Tivim Railway Station is the nearest one however train services are not frequent in this station which lies just 11 km away from the Aguada Fort and the Beach.